Wednesday 18 February 2009

HOW CAN I IMPROVE MY PRACTICE?

This is the memebrs during the workshop



HOW CAN I IMPROVE MY PRACTICE?

The government has opened so many ways for education both locally and internationally. Learning is not something put in someone’s brain but it is a process. A person may not be good in theory but in practice he is the first and others good in theory but poor in practical, it is a challenge I am giving to each of you. If I/you have to develop a carrier, we need to develop interest and love it. It is my advice to you all that as we start this workshop, please develop an interest and I am sure you will gain a lot from here/seminar. In this seminar, you are going to learn new methods of how you do your teaching. It is a new look to the methodology of how to evaluate yourself as a teacher/instructor and not about the students. If you want to develop, you need to consider three things in mind: to be creative, committed and contented. These are the three Cs that we need most of the time when we need to develop our skills and knowledge. Be part of the people and not an expectator and there you will develop your people capacity and the carrier you are longing for. However, Legge open the workshop at 9:50 am and he encourages each and every participant to be active and consider the three Cs, being committed, creative and contented.

Trond in his statement says, we cannot in any way deliver the message to you the way you expect but we will help you to deliver to yourself the message. We need to be active, creative and committed and it is also quiet encouraging that ladies are well represented in this workshop and we appreciate that.

This program is to facilitate or help to support your learning process and development. The major question that we are going to deal with during the rest of the week is: HOW CAN I IMPROVE MY PRACTICE? This is the overall concept of this seminar.

The participants were asked the occupying question in mind after the opening of the seminar and Otim’s question was how to learn in my field?
Benjamin: how to improve on new areas? Agreement: how to am I going to cope up with this training? Clara: how to learn to keep up with our new generation issues? Fraser: how to get the right material to improve my teaching profession? Joseph: how to make the students to learn? Jaka Justo: to learn new things on capacity building. George: thinking on getting the best ways of learning? Atom: how to get proper way of passing knowledge to the students? Moses: what I do to get the students understand me better as a teacher? Batali: how to maintain my ethics when teaching? How to be creative to make others learn? Khamisa: how to make the students happy when I am giving lessons? Bingo Grace: how to improve the areas of awareness in my field? Nasra: how to activate the community to join the VTC yei? Josephine: How to have the students to be attentive during the lessons? Atimaku: how do I ensure that students retain their knowledge so they are able to apply in their needs? Kenyi: which are the objectives of this workshop?

No comments: